Big Data Engineer
What are we looking for?
Cerberus is growing fast, and we need to help the business grow with providing the right people with the right data. We strive to not only give our business users proper data on time to take informed decisions, but also promote personalization of our products based on patterns that we acquire through our own customers. How better can you use your data? We are looking for a back-end engineer that loves to work with cloud technologies to cope with data, the bigger and more complex the better.
The Ideal Candidate
- Is an analytical individual with an eye for detail;
- Has worked in a data environment before, ideally using cloud technologies with providers such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure;
- Has experience with data vendors such as Cloudera or Hortonworks;
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data;
- Is keen to learn about the business and to help different verticals on business optimisation through data;
What have you done before?
- Java and Scala development using OOP and functional programming styles where use case deems fit;
- Used general engines to process data such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink;
- Used messaging systems such as Kinesis or Kafka;
- Experience using docker;
- Experience using BitBucket, GitHub or GitLab;
- Experience developing unit tests;
Bonus Points if…
- You have used AWS services such as Firehose, S3, Elastic Container Service, Redshift, DynamoDB, Lambdas;
- You have experience using programming languages such as Python, NodeJS;
- You have used continuous integration platforms such as CircleCI;
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar.
If you’re interested, apply for the role here!